- At least 2-years of vegetable farming experience (one year on an organic farm)
- Driver’s license
- First aid, preferred
The Ideal Person Is:
Responsible, outgoing, good at communicating, hardworking, autonomous, precise, observant, organized
The farm worker will be working in our fields and greenhouses doing day to day farm work. Work will happen independently and in a team. Instructions will be given on a daily basis with potential for the development of an independent work schedule within the farm schedule.
Tasks will include but are not restricted to:
- Seeding field crops – specifically salad greens
- Bed preparation
- Transplanting different vegetables and herbs
- Working with irrigation
- Specific watering tasks
- Potential market/retail helper and/or delivery driver
A separate housing arrangement is preferred.
Possibility of accommodation in the farmhouse for a monthly rent which could also include meals.
March 5st, 2018 – November 30th, 2018
Monday – Friday, occasional weekends
Saturdays for markets as needed
Potential for other part-time work as well
- Land space is available to grow your own crops with the possibility to sell it to the farm (conditions apply)
- Long term employment
- Access to farm vegetables
To apply or for questions about the position please email email@example.com
Include your resume and references!