A full time postition just opened up again for the 2021 season! Go ahead and send us your information!
Farm Worker Position on organic vegetable farm
Looking for help for the 2021 growing year and beyond! Come be part of a fun hardworking crew dedicated to growing great vegetables.
At least two full time positions available to hardworking people with farm experience. Part time arrangements with or without land for growing are also options for the right candidates.
Four Seasons Farm is a medium-sized certified organic mixed vegetable farm on the Bay of Fundy in central Nova Scotia serving directly to Halifax restaurants, stores, farmers’ market (in Halifax) and a CSA.
Farm worker will be working in fields and greenhouses doing day-to-day farm work, independently and in a team. Instructions will be given on a daily basis with potential for an independent work schedule and task list.
- General farm maintenance (fixing, building, painting etc.)
- Field and bed preparation (fertilizing, raking, etc.)
- Seeding crops (particularly salad greens)
- Weed control (hoeing, wheel hoeing, hand weeding etc.)
- Setting up irrigation
- Watering duties (including some weekends)
- Harvesting regularly (four part days a week)
- Working the Saturday farmers market occasionally (setting up and selling)
- Greenhouse management
- Working with small machinery (small tractor, wiper sniper and tiller)
- Strong communication skills
- Physically fit
- Independent and self-directed
- Motivated to get better at tasks and find the best way to do something
- Passionate about sustainable agriculture and food
- Mindful and aware
- Attention to detail
$14/hr; generally 40hr weeks
Some on-farm housing available but off-site is preferred, other options could be explored.
- March/April -Oct 31st / Nov 31st
- Possibility of starting later
- Monday-Friday and occasional weekends (need one person watering every weekend)
- Saturdays for markets as needed
- Land to grow your own crops for yourself or to sell to the farm.
- We are looking to build relationships in order to involve more people in the operation and ownership of the farm. Open to ideas about how to do that and we have some of our own as well.
- Seeking people who want to work here in the long term
For more on the farm, visit our website at www.fourseasonsfarm.ca
To apply or for questions about the position please email email@example.com
Include your resume, cover letter and references!
We only process applications of applicants that are eligible to work in Canada!